Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Photo Challenge - Under

UNDER - okay this was a hard subject for me. At first all I could think of was underwear and there's absolutely NO WAY I was going there.

Soooooo, I thought and I thought and I thought some more. Finally, I searched google for a hint and now I have two unders for you.

UNDER the cedar trees. We have several cedar trees on our property. I don't mind those on the back acreage because they're not a bother, but the two close to the house are a problem.



Cedar trees will drink all the available water they can, little gluttons, and will slow down the growth of anything else.  And they don't let anything grow under them. So getting rid of these two giant hogs is really important now that we've added a few desirable trees to the yard.



UNDER construction.

We're in a constant state of flux here at my house. If we're not installing hardwood floors, we're removing a window and replacing it with a door ... or removing a bathtub and replacing it with a jacuzzi ... or building a carport ... or adding a porch ... or re-siding the house ... or putting on a new roof. Yep! They know us by name at Home Depot and Lowe's and all the discount construction places around.

But someday ... someday we'll be finished.

After we install a lower deck ... a fire pit ... a greenhouse ... a rose arbor ... a pool ... you get the idea!

BTW - My google search took me to a book by Louisa May Alcott called Under the Lilacs. It sounded so interesting, I bought it for my kindle. Love me some Louisa May Alcott.


HA! I guess that's three UNDERs for today! I did better than I thought I would. Have a fab-u-lous Thursday!

No comments: