Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Photo Challenge - Texas Spring

Usually spring comes real early in Texas, but this year it feels like winter hasn't completely let go yet (currently 42 degrees, feels like 37 ... by Saturday, the high will be 77). That's Texas, pleasant one day and colder than a well digger's backside the next!

Most Texans agree that spring has arrived when the bluebonnets bloom. However, since I don't have bluebonnets yet, I'll share a couple of pictures from TexNan/SumpnSassy's back yard. The hill country is alive with bluebonnets, but it will take a few more weeks before they bloom here in North Texas.




Love me some bluebonnets!

But early spring in my little corner, is when I get the lawn tractor out and am surrounded by the smell of freshly mown grass. Spring is when Little Princess Good Girl starts shedding all over the house. And spring is when my Seven Sisters roses bloom.



I love the Seven Sisters because they are so very tenacious. No matter how hot and dry the summer, no matter how many grasshoppers chew on her leaves, my Seven Sisters thrive. They don't just survive, they THRIVE.

Hmmm. Is that what they mean by bloom where you're planted?

No comments: