Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Photo Challenge - Three

THREE - This will be a short one today and more serious than usual.

 My thoughts of three are the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I've understood who the Father is since I was a small child attending Indian Creek Baptist Church in Mineral Wells, Texas.

I came to understand who the Son is when I was a young teenager attending The First Baptist Church of Hurst, Texas.

But I didn't really understand (not that I will ever completely understand) who the Holy Spirit is until I participated in a Bible study at First United Methodist Church in Voorheesville, NY. The study guide was Catherine Marshall's book The Helper ... her name for the Holy Spirit.




Perhaps you know who Catherine Marshall was, but for those of you who don't, her husband was the famous Scottish preacher who became Chaplain of the United States Senate in 1946. His life is depicted in the film A Man Called Peter. Catherine wrote the lovely novel Christy based on her mother's life (it later became a TV series).

In reading Christy I learned the meaning of 1 Cor. 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (emphasis added)


By reading The Helper, I came to understand more about the Holy Spirit ... the Helper ... and the part He plays in the Holy Trinity.

Blessings upon you this day.

No comments: