Saturday, April 6, 2013

April Photo Challenge - Chore

CHORE is the word of the day. Although DH and I made a list of chores this morning, we've only completed a few. Better a little than none at all, huh?

Have you ever heard of a SHE. It's a Sidetracked Home Executive and I'm a gen-u-ine member. Which means I work a little, play a little, work a little, play a little. That's why I'm only partially done with my list-o-things-to-do.

But, during my down time I've managed to complete two mini footstools. HA! Ran across this tutorial for a "bottle cap" footstool on Pinterest this week and thought I would try it.  It was calling out to me ... I couldn't resist ... I just HAD to make some mini footstools.


The thing I found interesting about her method was that she turns the cap open side UP, fills it with cotton and covers that with fabric. That gives you a solid base on which to add legs. Very clever!

So here is my do-it-instead-of-completing-your-chores photo. I don't think these are ready for my etsy shop yet (because if you lift the skirts, they're pretty ugly), but maybe I'm on the right track.



BTW - I used diet coke caps for my stools and I took the fabric from my giant scrap jar. Doesn't take much fabric for this little baby, but it's kinda cute, huh?!

No comments: