Saturday, May 18, 2013

Celebrate

Yes, I know I didn't finish the April challenge. It's because the Sister's Weekend "challenge" and the gotta-make-a-bridal-fascinator "challenge" and the gotta-make-a-bridal-bouquet "challenge" got in the way. Nuff said.

Yesterday I had a conversation that .... disturbed me? challenged me? Caused me to stop and count my blessings. The conversation was with someone that used to be in my life daily and now our lives hardly ever touch each other ... we haven't spoken in about a year.

The conversation went something like this:
"How is everybody down there doing?"
(me) "We're all doing just fine. No complaints."
"Did you hear about Henry passing away."
(me) "Yes, I heard about Henry. I'm so sorry. I know how close you were to him."
"Yeah, he didn't live that long after Susie died."
(me)"Susie died?! Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't hear that Susie died. That's just awful."
"Yeah and now Mary Lou is gone, too."
(me) "Mary Lou?! Mary Lou passed away?! Oh, I'm so sorry. Ya'll were friends for so long. It must be hard on you. I'm so sorry."

As I said, the conversation made me stop and think. We can't any of us tell the day or time of our leaving and we don't always get to say goodbye. What that says to me is that we must celebrate the blessings in our life. And we must celebrate the loved ones in our life every. single. day.

So today, I'm gonna say I love you to all those people in my family and all those people who have come into my life, touching it and changing it. I'm so very thankful for all of you. And for those of you that I don't know yet, but who are reading this, may God reveal to you all the blessings that surround you.

On a completely different note, here are a few pictures from Sister's Weekend 2013 in Galveston, Texas. It was truly a celebration of sister-love.

This is a picture of all of us wearing the watches DH bought for us.
 


This is an early morning walk on the beach for four of us ... with coffee in hand.

I promise it's coffee!! We just laugh a lot when we're together. Yet another reason to be thankful ... the sound of sister's laughing.


Have a very blessed weekend.

No comments: