Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good Ol' Soap

Recently I bought soap samples from Lippencott Soap Co. on etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6264828 They have some VERY interesting soaps!


Here's the list I got:
Lavender Oatmeal
Irish Mocha
Box of Chocolates
Bottle of Wine
Ginger Lime
Brown Sugar & Fig
Orange Mocha
Oatmeal Shea (naturally unscented)
Caprio Olive
A Dozen Roses



I thought I could use them as interesting additions to a gift -- perhaps a cosmetic bag or something similar.



I ran across a couple of posts on Little House in the Suburbs (thank you Nancy for sending this blog my way!) regarding re-packaging soaps to make them snazzier for gifting. http://www.littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2009/01/soap-present-ation.html I thought it was a great idea, so I tried that out this morning. I used 2 different scrapbooking papers - one for wrapping the bar, one for the label - and a gray satin ribbon. In the picture below, I show how the sample looked when I got it and how I wrapped it. Also, you can see the "Dozen Roses" soap. Isn't it pretty? I love that it has leetle teensy roses embedded in the soap. Oh, yeah. In my label, I included the info from the original label so the lucky gal who gets this can order more if she wants.


And this is a closeup of the label. It looks sort of blue here, but it's actually gray.


The other soap post I wanted to share from Little House in the Suburbs is about creating your own interesting soaps. She starts with ivory soap, re-mills it and adds fragrance and stuff (bits of oatmeal, lavender, etc). It sounds like a messy and lengthy process, but I think I may put it on my agenda for the summer! Her directions for this project are here. http://www.littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2009/02/ivorys-ivory-rebatch.html
Well, gotta get moving now, because I've got a LOT to accomplish today. Have a great Thursday!!

2 comments:

TexNan said...

Wow! Love your wrapping and loved the post on remilling Ivory. Just what I need: another project. But my lavender's blooming so whatcha gonna do?

LITTLESASSY said...

SHARE!!! That's what you should do! LOL