Monday, October 22, 2012

Cupcake pincushion

Just a quick note about the cupcake pincushion I made last Friday. No tutorial on this one ... I was in a rush to finish this for a birthday gift, so I didn't have time to take pictures of the various steps. And the picture I took of the finished pincushion is sort of - icky. Sorry about that.

But, anyway, here's the "recipe"
(1) fulled wool aka shrunken sweaters (I used the wrist area to imitate a cupcake liner)
(2) poly fiberfill to round out the top portion
(3) emery grit (for keeping pins and needles sharp - it also adds weight to the pincushion) ... I got my emery grit from etsy.com
(4) muslin in a pillow shape (to enclose the emery grit) - I put this pillow of emery grit on bottom for balance and for ease of use
(5) embroidery thread ... french knots that look like candy sprinkles plus a few straight pins with colored balls on top
(6) lace around the top of the cupcake liner ... just to neaten things up a little


Voila! Cupcake pincushion. As Mom would say, there's love in every stitch!




No comments: