Thursday, October 18, 2012

Seafoam Cashmere Acorns

What do you do with an outdated cashmere jacket? One thing you can do is make acorns! As my sister said this morning, "From this acorn, mighty cashmere trees will grow." Ya think?


It's been a long, long, l-o-n-g time since I've written, but I'm going to try to keep you updated about what my busy, busy hands are currently doing.

Today it's cashmere acorns. Although Tex-Nan bought her acorn caps at Walmart (didn't realize they carried them!), I also picked mine up at Walmart ... underneath the not-so-mighty oaks dotted around the parking lot.

I'm hoping this photo will tell you everything you need to know about making acorns the quick and cheap way. Oh, yeah!  I used a baby food jar to pencil the circle on the wrong side of the fabric. Otherwise, I think it's self-explanatory.


Welcome, Autumn!

1 comment:

TexNan said...

Cool! Much quicker than needlefelting. You need to link this to one of the tutorial parties. Only one I can think of right now is Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/