Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lovely roses

Just a quick look at what I've been doing this morning. I made a miniature paper pitcher with roses! It's a first for me and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I learned the technique for the roses here and got the tutorial (with pattern) for the pitcher here. Although I don't understand a word of the tutorials, the pictures are all you really need.






I painted the pitcher a soft blue, waited for it to dry and then did a very thin whitewash. For the roses, I started with pink tissue paper and then touched up the edges of the petals with a pink marker. I put a few grains of rice in the bottom of the pitcher to keep the roses in place.





It wasn't that difficult to make pitcher ... or the roses. It took a little time to get the hang of it on the first rose and then the others were much easier.





All in all, I'm pleased.

1 comment:

TexNan said...

OMG! I didn't look at those that closely last weekend, but they're gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.